First attempt at candle making.
Total cost of this was probably around 15 bucks.
old candle - 99 cents
jars - 1 dollar
candle wicks - 10 dollars (I regret not buying those candle wicks I saw at good will.. I regret this so much.)
pitcher - 25 cents
I broke my old candle apart (the wick was broken and I still had a lot of wax left), placed it in a thrifted pitched and then into a pot with boiling water. Started boiling the water until the wax melted.
Prepped the wicks in the candle jars so that they were centered.
Waited till the wax melted. (I did some yoga and practiced a dance routine).
Poured the wax into the jars and impatiently tried to cut the wicks off.
And recycled candles!14 notes
Posted on Tuesday, 5 March
Tagged as: candles candle making diy craft re use recycle frugal home decor candle thrifting thrifted thrift this project was almost completly thrifted i wish i bought those candle wicks
- luzverdecorazon reblogged this from lonely-cloud
- bsivaraju likes this
- istanbulwalkingzemi likes this
- bloodmagic2226 likes this
- savvysouvenirs likes this
- idreaminthestars reblogged this from lonely-cloud
- flames-of-amber reblogged this from lonely-cloud and added:
- puellamagas reblogged this from lonely-cloud
- puellamagas likes this
- watchyourattitude likes this
- noellygoldylocks likes this
- fofo-gogo likes this
- castle-on-the-clouds likes this
- bittyloved likes this
- lonely-cloud posted this